rakeshpoddar

I got distribution of $1300 from the investment. However, the company will issue K1 on June 15th. Should I file my return and amend later or file an extension?

Mike9241

your choice.  either way you'll need to estimate the income. the distribution is probably not the same as the income.   again either way would require you to pay in any taxes owed by 5/17/2021. underestimate this and you could be penalized. 

rjs

I suggest that you file an extension. Amending a return is a lot of extra work, and the IRS processing of amended returns is extremely slow.