I got a message that says take action with a code 1541 when I check the status of my refund on the IRS website. Does that mean I am being audited??

This feature is pending. Thanks for your patience.
Didn't get the answer you wanted? Talk to a live expert to get the help you need.
TomK

No.  1541 is an an internal code that the IRS uses to identify returns that have been "Delayed". This doesn't mean there is something wrong with your return, it could simply be that the IRS has an overflow of returns at this time and is behind schedule on issuing refunds. There are different reasons accounting for the 1541 reference number.

To be absolutely sure on the status of your refund, I would recommend to contact the IRS directly mention the reference the code 1541 to them. You can reach them at +1(800) 829-1040. Check Where's My Refund? as well tor tracking the refund.

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing