Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Crystal-G-

I got a letter from the IRS saying that the amounts I submitted on my Form 8962 don't match what they have. I sent them a copy of my 1095-A. Is that all I should do?

I filled out a 8962 with my original return.  When I got the letter, I double-checked the calculations on the 8962, and it looks like it was correct, so I'm not sure what "mismatching" information the IRS could have.  The letter asked that I send in a copy of my 1095-A or corrected 8962, but it looks like it was correct to me.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MiriamF

I got a letter from the IRS saying that the amounts I submitted on my Form 8962 don't match what they have. I sent them a copy of my 1095-A. Is that all I should do?

You sent the IRS what they asked for, so you should be okay.

If there is any chance that there might be a second 1095-A, you might try to find it. Otherwise, the ball is back in the IRS court.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MiriamF

You sent the IRS what they asked for, so you should be okay.

If there is any chance that there might be a second 1095-A, you might try to find it. Otherwise, the ball is back in the IRS court.

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.

3.49m
Members

2.62m
Discussions

Manage cookies
v