Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I got a Letter 12C from IRS Stating our records show You didn't pay for health care. I have the forms showing. Do i simply need to fax in the form to the IRS to correct?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I got a Letter 12C from IRS Stating our records show You didn't pay for health care. I have the forms showing. Do i simply need to fax in the form to the IRS to correct?

Thank you for the reply, i saw that in the software, but i put the info in correctly so that was why i was thinking i just needed to fax it in as proof. the question section only allows minimum space to clarify why i asked the question.
H.T

If you entered a Form 1095-A in the Health Insurance section of the TurboTax program, it would have generated a Form 8962.
The PDF of your tax return should show the form 8962.
If this was all reported on your 2017 tax return, then contact the IRS using the phone number on the notice and see if they will accept your Form 1095-A and Form 8962 via fax.

Thank you i will check that i appreciate your help!!

See this TurboTax support FAQ for the procedure to provide the Form 1095-A and Form 8962 requested by the IRS Letter 0012C - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4348755-the-irs-is-requesting-form-8962-for-2017

1. Sign into your account with the same login you used when you filed your 2017 return.
  2. Scroll down to the Your tax returns & documents section and select Amend (change) return, then select the Amend Using TurboTax Online box.
  3. Select Continue on the We’ll help you change (amend) your return
  4. Answer “Yes”, then select “I need to amend my 2017 return” and Continue.
  5. On the We'll help you change (amend) your return screen, select the Federal Taxes tab. (Don’t select Continue. You don’t want to start the amend process.)
  6. Select the Health Insurance tab.
  7. Answer the questions about your health insurance which includes entering your 1095-A.
  8. On the Do you need to change anything else screen select Done.
  9. Select Tax Tools (found on the left panel), then select Print Center below it.
  10. Choose Print, save, or preview this year’s return.
  11. Select View or print.
  12. Select Form 8962 and either Form 1040 or 1040A and print them.
  13. Send the following to the IRS address or FAX number given in your IRS letter:
    • Form 8962, Premium Tax Credit
    • Copy of your Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace Statement
    • A copy of the IRS letter that you received.
    • Only if the refund or owed amount has changed: Also include page 2 of your 1040 or 1040A
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies