turbotax icon
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

New Member

I forgot to claim a dependent last year?

I didn't know I could claim a dependent for 2015 and 2014 and I didn't use Turbo Tax those 2 years can I get a credit still for those years?
This feature is pending. Thanks for your patience.
Didn't get the answer you wanted? Talk to a live expert to get the help you need.
1 Reply

I forgot to claim a dependent last year?

Yes you can amend the 2014 & 2015 returns to get a refund however you should try to use the program that you used for those tax years since that will be easier and cheaper than using the TT prior year programs. You may also get the forms from the IRS & State tax sites for free since the amended return need to be printed & mailed in anyway.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies