paulinazeab

I forgot to add some information about unemployment what can I do?

I already sent my taxes but I realized that I forgot to add my unemployment information... what can I do?

PeterM

If your return is rejected by the IRS, you can correct the problem and fix the reason for rejection and re-efile your return. If your return is accepted by the IRS, you must prepare, print, sign and mail an amended tax return form 1040X to correct the problem.

DO NOT change your original tax return until you start the amended return. If you have already changed it from the way it was originally filed and accepted, you must change it back before you start the amended return. Wait until you receive the refund from your original return before beginning your amended return to make sure you enter the correct amount. The amended return form 1040X will not be available in TurboTax until mid February.  

Here is an FAQ to help you:                                                                  

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1894381-how-to-amend-change-or-correct-a-return-you-already-filed

PeterM

Here is an FAQ to help you: