Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Rockieking
Returning Member

I forgot to add 1099 before I filed federal but haven't filed state yet. Now what???

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
AlanT222
Expert Alumni

I forgot to add 1099 before I filed federal but haven't filed state yet. Now what???

Unfortunately, you cannot revise your tax submission.  Once you e-file, it cannot be revised or canceled.  

If you need to make corrections, you must wait until your return is either accepted or rejected.   

• If rejected, you can make the necessary changes before resubmitting or paper-filing your return.
  • If accepted, you'll need to amend your return to make the changes. 
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Rockieking
Returning Member

What and pay 260 again. Straight screwed me. I've had lots of people ask me about turbo tax. I direct them to hr block instead. I didn't ask for turbo max though they sure charged me I did all the work. Straight scum bags.

Here's what I would do.  Go back in and add the 1099 to Federal so you can file the state right.  You won't be able to file state until the Federal (wrong one) is accepted.  Click on Add A State to get back into your return.

Then after state is filed and accepted (after federal)  you should take out the 1099 from federal and put your return back to the original wrong way.  Then you can amend Federal to add the 1099 properly.

But this all depends on the Federal getting accepted on or after Feb  12 when the IRS opens, so you have to wait.  If your federal gets rejected then you can just add the 1099 and resend federal and file state.  

Oh and you only have to pay once.  Do you know you added the LIVE expert help for a much higher cost?  If you already paid and filed it is too late to delete Live.  Did you get any help from the Live CPA?  If you didn't use the Live service maybe support and give you a refund for it.

Contact Customer Service
5am-9pm Pacific Time
7 days a week
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

What is the Turbo Tax phone number
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies