Solved: I finalized my taxes already but I messed up my w-...

kmorrissette1215

I finalized my taxes already but I messed up my w-2 information. Is there a way to redo it with the correct information ?

bluedeb

Did you already e-filed your return? If you did you cannot make any corrections while your return is pending.  Make NO changes to your tax return.  You will now have to wait until the IRS opens their e-file system on Feb 12th, once the IRS is open you will get an accepted or rejected regarding your return.

If accepted, you would need to amend your return to correct the W-2.

If rejected, you can add the correct the W-2 & then re-e-file.

bluedeb