turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

1mdaugs

I filled my llc which had no income on April 14,2019. I received a late fee of $400. What can I do to avoid paying this? I thought I had till April 15.thank you

Is a late fee due if I had no income in my llc and filed in April 14,2019

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

I filled my llc which had no income on April 14,2019. I received a late fee of $400. What can I do to avoid paying this? I thought I had till April 15.thank you

Ok ... what form did you file ?  1120S ?  Was this your first year filing this form ?   If so do you still have the letter from the IRS saying you were an S-corp and the filing deadline for that return ?

Members of LLCs taxed as disregarded entities should have filed Form 1040 by April 15, 2019. LLCs taxed as partnerships should have filed Form 1065 by March 15, 2019, on a calendar tax year. Or, file it by the 15th of the third month after the tax year ends if you file taxes on a fiscal year basis
Anonymous
Not applicable

you can request first time abatement

see this link

https://www.thetaxadviser.com/issues/2013/jul/buttonow-july2013.html

write to address on notice requesting first time abatement.  sign and date  include notice and send by method where you get proof of delivery.   you could point out that you weren't required to file it

from IRS 1065 instructions

Domestic Partnerships

Except as provided below, every domestic

partnership must file Form 1065, unless it

neither receives income nor incurs any

expenditures treated as deductions or

credits for federal income tax purposes.

Entities formed as LLCs that are

classified as partnerships for federal income

tax purposes have the same filing

requirements as domestic partnerships.

The IRS messed up the last couple of years due to the change in the filing deadline for form 1065 & 1120S ... on the acceptance notice of the EIN the letter clearly states the deadline for the filing as 4/15  not 3/15 ... if this is your case send a copy of the notice with a request for abatement of the penalty due to the  IRS error. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies