turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

roman59n

I filled amended tax return 1040x w/8936 for qualified plug in electric drive motor vehicle credit. I received back the 1040x w/8090-a asking to support line 7 on 8936

Any idea how to support line 7 on 8936 for for qualified plug in vehicle? I have included the amount of battery capacity  kilowatt hours which is 8.8 for Prius primes. Also, the 8009-a requires me to return Cp08 what does that mean?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I filled amended tax return 1040x w/8936 for qualified plug in electric drive motor vehicle credit. I received back the 1040x w/8090-a asking to support line 7 on 8936

When you mailed in the 1040X did you include the form 8936? 

If so then send the supporting docs that you used to make the line 7 entry which may include the form 4562 and it's worksheet.  

Line 7

Enter any section 179 expense deduction you claimed for the vehicle from Part I of Form 4562, Depreciation and Amortization.

roman59n

Yes, I did include form 8936. So I have to include another form 4562?

Not another ... the one in the return you already have since an amount was listed on line 7 of the 8936.  Seems like you didn't send it with the rest of the return because you didn't realize it was required.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies