turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed taxes and claimed the rebate for not getting my second stimulus check and i just checked the irs website and it is being sent out february 5th what do i do

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I filed taxes and claimed the rebate for not getting my second stimulus check and i just checked the irs website and it is being sent out february 5th what do i do

The IRS will continue to make stimulus payments until February 5.  This is happening to a lot of people.  If your return should be rejected when the IRS opens on February 12, then you can correct your taxes and resubmit.  

But if your taxes are accepted, the IRS will have a procedure to resolve this.  We do not yet know what they will do.  If they do need confirmation from you, they will notify you.  

You can cash the check and spend the money.  

New - If you filed and claimed the Recovery rebate credit but already received the full Stimulus payments you can call it back and update your return so it isn't delayed

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/i-ve-already-claimed-the-recovery-rebate-credit-ho...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies