jmojoy

I filed self employed and probably won't next year, do I still need to pay the est tax?

Fern

No, if your taxes will be withheld from your paycheck, you generally do not have to make estimated tax payments.

You should monitor the amounts withheld during the year. You want to avoid being in a position of owing a penalty tax at the end of 2017. A penalty is assessed if you owe $1,000 or more in taxes. The penalty will not be assessed if you paid at least 90% of the tax for the current year tax or 100% of the tax shown on the return for the prior year, whichever is smaller.

Fern

tawnyhes

i have filed already and have done everythang trying to check where my status is buti dont know