• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
charadams1014

I filed on Jan 26 and got another w2 I forgot about so I added it and now it says in progress . do I need to do something through the mail?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
bluedeb
Level 15

I filed on Jan 26 and got another w2 I forgot about so I added it and now it says in progress . do I need to do something through the mail?

You cannot just add a form to a return that has already been filed.  You need to undo the entry of the second W2.  If your return has been accepted, you would need to amend your return to add the additional W2.  Amended returns must be mailed. Amended returns cannot be e-filed.

The IRS suggests you wait until your original return has been fully processed before you amend your return. The amendment form will not be ready until around mid-February

How to amend (change or correct) a return you already filed

View solution in original post

1 Reply
bluedeb
Level 15

You cannot just add a form to a return that has already been filed.  You need to undo the entry of the second W2.  If your return has been accepted, you would need to amend your return to add the additional W2.  Amended returns must be mailed. Amended returns cannot be e-filed.

The IRS suggests you wait until your original return has been fully processed before you amend your return. The amendment form will not be ready until around mid-February

How to amend (change or correct) a return you already filed

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v