charadams1014

I filed on Jan 26 and got another w2 I forgot about so I added it and now it says in progress . do I need to do something through the mail?

bluedeb

You cannot just add a form to a return that has already been filed.  You need to undo the entry of the second W2.  If your return has been accepted, you would need to amend your return to add the additional W2.  Amended returns must be mailed. Amended returns cannot be e-filed.

The IRS suggests you wait until your original return has been fully processed before you amend your return. The amendment form will not be ready until around mid-February

How to amend (change or correct) a return you already filed

bluedeb