turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed on 2/28/2019 my refund was accepted by the irs and turbotax on 3/1/2019, When i try to track my refund, it states that It cannot find my refund. Whats going on???

I filed 2/28/2019 and it was accepted by turbotax and the irs, so I'm confused if its been more that 21 days why am I not able to track my refund, Ive called the irs and turbotax customer service, and all I get is the voice recording stating that they have no record of my refund. Can some one actually give me an answer that can actually help me. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

I filed on 2/28/2019 my refund was accepted by the irs and turbotax on 3/1/2019, When i try to track my refund, it states that It cannot find my refund. Whats going on???

First, please go to https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/ to make sure your return was efiled. Once you get confirmation, try to check www.irs.gov/refunds again. Please make sure you are entering the exact amount of your refund as shown on your federal tax return. Please refer to your electronic or paper stored tax return to check the following: 

• If you filed a Form 1040, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 20a.
  • If you filed a Form 1040NR, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 73a.
  • If you filed a Form 1040NR-EZ, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 23a.
  • If you filed a Form 1040PR, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 13a.
  • If you filed a Form 1040SS, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 13a.

Additionally, be certain you are choosing the correct filing status.

• If you filed a Form 1040, the Filing Status is shown on the top of the form above your name and social security number.
  • If you filed a Form 1040NR, the Filing Status is shown on Page 1, Boxes 1 through 6
  • If you filed a Form 1040NR-EZ, the Filing Status is shown on Page 1, Boxes 1 through 2
  • If you filed a Form 1040PR, the Filing Status is shown on Page 1, Part 1 Line 1
  • If you filed a Form 1040SS, the Filing Status is shown on Page 1, Part 1 Line 1

If you are still not able to track your refund and it has been over 21 days, you may call the IRS for an inquiry. It can be hard to reach a live representative so I have provided a workaround below.

Please call 800-829-1040 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. local time and do the following:

1. press 1 for English

listen to the recorded message

2. press 2 for answers about personal income taxes

3. press 1 for questions about a form you already submitted

4. press 3 for all other questions

5. press 2 for all other questions

6. enter your social or EIN

confirm type (social or EIN) and confirm if the number is right by pressing 1

7. Listen to all options then it will say if you have not heard your topic please hold

8. Next, it will say if you owe money and agree with the amount press 1

You will then be transferred to a representative after a general message from the IRS (Note* if call volume is too high they will ask you to call back)

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

First, please go to https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/ to make sure your return was efiled. Once you get confirmation, try to check www.irs.gov/refunds again. Please make sure you are entering the exact amount of your refund as shown on your federal tax return. Please refer to your electronic or paper stored tax return to check the following: 

• If you filed a Form 1040, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 20a.
  • If you filed a Form 1040NR, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 73a.
  • If you filed a Form 1040NR-EZ, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 23a.
  • If you filed a Form 1040PR, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 13a.
  • If you filed a Form 1040SS, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 13a.

Additionally, be certain you are choosing the correct filing status.

• If you filed a Form 1040, the Filing Status is shown on the top of the form above your name and social security number.
  • If you filed a Form 1040NR, the Filing Status is shown on Page 1, Boxes 1 through 6
  • If you filed a Form 1040NR-EZ, the Filing Status is shown on Page 1, Boxes 1 through 2
  • If you filed a Form 1040PR, the Filing Status is shown on Page 1, Part 1 Line 1
  • If you filed a Form 1040SS, the Filing Status is shown on Page 1, Part 1 Line 1

If you are still not able to track your refund and it has been over 21 days, you may call the IRS for an inquiry. It can be hard to reach a live representative so I have provided a workaround below.

Please call 800-829-1040 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. local time and do the following:

1. press 1 for English

2. press 2 for answers about personal income taxes

3. press 1 for questions about a form you already submitted

4. press 3 for all other questions

5. press 2 for all other questions

6. enter your social or EIN

confirm type (social or EIN) and confirm if the number is right by pressing 1

7. Listen to all options then it will say if you have not heard your topic please hold

8. Next, it will say if you owe money and agree with the amount press 1

You will then be transferred to a representative after a general message from the IRS (Note* if call volume is too high they will ask you to call back)

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
RM35

I filed my 2019 state and federal tax with Turbotax on 2/27/20, but the IRS states that they have no information on my return...I have a printout of my Turbotax which has both the Federal and State refunds.  Can Turbotax confirm that my return was successfully transmitted to the IRS, if so why do they not have info on my return?

Robert   <removed>

e-mail:  [email address removed]

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies