kgiteck

I filed my taxes with turbo tax on 7/14/2020, but my tax payment hasn't been deducted as of 7/18/2020.?

macuser_22

The IRS must process the return that takes 2-3 weeks.

When will my tax payment go through?

During non-peak times, funds are usually withdrawn on the payment date you specify, assuming your e-filed return has already been accepted (received) by the IRS.

Now, if you filed right before (or on) the busy July 15, 2020 deadline, the IRS may not be able to debit your payment until after the deadline, due to high e-filing volume. In addition, it can take your bank another few days to post the debit to your account.

No worries; as long as you filed your return or extension on or before July 15, 2020 and you selected July 15, 2020 (or earlier) as your payment date, you won't get penalized for late payment. 

In the meantime, keep an eye on your bank account — if you still don't see the debit 7–10 days after your return has been accepted, call IRS e-file Payment Services at 1-888-353-4537 or contact your state tax agency, as appropriate.