glennlsparksjr

I filed my taxes last year, but I didn't include my 1098-T. Amount billed was $1,606. Should I file an amended return and if I did file one, would I receive that credit?

I received a return, but didn't get any educational credits, I wasn't aware they provided me a 1098-T for the spring semester. It was charged probably in December when I registered.

Hal_Al

No, you will not receive an education credit by filing an amended return. This is because you are not "out of pocket" since It was covered by Financial Aide / GI Bill

You do not need to file an amended return. A 1098-T is only an informational document and does not need to be "filed"

Lisa995

Billed was $1606....How much did you "pay"?
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
glennlsparksjr

It was covered by Financial Aide / GI Bill
Hal_Al

glennlsparksjr

Great, thank you for the information. i appreciate it.