I filed my taxes February 29th. April 6th I receiv...

adrisalinas

I filed my taxes February 29th. April 6th I received a letter that I needed to ammendment my return because I had forgotten some information. I amended my return right away, and sent it back the next

And then the IRS was shut down due to Covid-19.  So you have to wait.  

In normal times it takes up to 16 weeks or more to process an Amended 1040X return. But these are not normal times. They just started opening the mail in June that's been stacking up. So you have to keep waiting.

See this IRS page for the latest information

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

adrisalinas

I was just a little concerned it says they can't find my information. 

Thanks for the reply @VolvoGirl