turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

criss1

I filed my taxes and then there were updates to state, federal and program. I can't see what the updates were. How do I know if these updates impacted my return?

I filed my taxes on 3/29/2019. Today, I ran TurboTax to check the status of my return and I saw that there was a program update for State, Federal Forms and Critical Program Update. The links to more info don't take me to the details of these updates (site redirects to turbotax.intuit.com). How do I know whether these updates impacted my returns that have already been filed?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
MinhT
Expert Alumni

I filed my taxes and then there were updates to state, federal and program. I can't see what the updates were. How do I know if these updates impacted my return?

You should look at the refund or tax due display on top on your TurboTax screen. If the amounts did not change then the updates did not affect your tax return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
margolfer

TT should be providing us with working links to show us the details of the updates-- this is a product defect for more than 2 months now and no resolution at all - the reply here is completely missing the point-- provide the link that works to show the info- don't tell us to manually go thru the return and figure it out for ourselves.  I could have done my return faster this year without the software at all with all the errors and problems that this program has had
pamelaeg
Returning Member

I am having the same problem (it's now July).  I need to change my projection for estimated taxes and it updated a bunch of items (some of which were listed as critical and federal forms updated July 19th).

The links to the details of the updates are 'dead'.  And I used to be able to at least search on program updates on the site and was able to find them that way, but now even that doesn't work.  It thinks I am trying to us TT online.

I would really like to know what changed.

If anyone can find the description online that would be great.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies