I filed my return and it said 2 days to find out if it’s approved, it’s been 5 and I haven’t heard anything is this normal?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Your e-filed tax return will be in a Pending state until the IRS accepts or rejects the tax return.

The IRS will not be accepting any type of 2017 tax return until January 29, 2018

The IRS will hold all 2017 tax returns that have a tax refund which includes EIC and/or the Additional Child Tax Credit util mid-February.  They will release the tax refunds in late February if there are no errors on the tax return.

The "2 days"  does not start until Jan 29.

Alas, the TT message doesn't make that clear.

My 2017 federal return was filed today and I just received email that it was accepted. Website states 29th but mine was accepted early.

You got lucky.  Yours was one of the returns the IRS pulls for testing their systems.

@DoninGA Still have to wait until mid feb for return :( EITC

Mine was accepted also on the 22nd but it’s still not approved. Is that normal?