I filed my 2018 return and received confirmation that it was processed. How can I save or print it when I am not showing my 2018 return in my documents tab?

Why should I save a PDF copy of my return?

Saving a copy of your return as a PDF (in addition to the proprietary tax data format TurboTax uses) lets you open, view, and print your return using the free Adobe Reader or Foxit Reader software.

This is a lifesaver if your tax data file gets corrupted or if you no longer have the TurboTax software to open it in. The government will also accept PDF copies.

Please note that TurboTax PDF files cannot be "read" by the TurboTax software the way the tax data file can, which means they cannot be used for amending, troubleshooting calculation issues, or for full prior-year transfer capabilities.