mlp34b

I filed my 2017 taxes with H&R Block, got a refund, but I didn't include my 1099-MISC. How do I go about amending my return using TurboTax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

If you filed with a different tax service, the first thing you ought to do is use that same service to amend your tax return. If you do not want to do that for some reason, then you can amend using TurboTax but it will be a pain.  First you need the desktop software (which you must purchase) so that you can re-create the original return exactly as it appeared when sent to the IRS.  Then you have to fool the software into "filing" it by choosing to file by mail.  THEN you can use the "amend" feature and prepare a 1040X which must be printed, signed and mailed to the IRS.

HSTAX

Thank you for the quick reply. I am using turbotax like I have done the past years. I have not submitted my 2017 tax returns yet and can fix the issue before I file.

@theserhans - you do not seem to be the poster that already filed with H&R Block which is the subject of this thread.  Please ask a new question of your own and provide the details.   This question has been answered.
DenaeLO

Please follow the link below to amend the taxes:

HSTAX

Thank you for the quick reply.  I am using turbotax like I have done the past years.  I have not submitted my 2017 tax returns yet and can fix the issue before I file.  How do I do that?