Solved: I filed my 2015 tax return and now I am trying to file my 2016 tax return and turbo tax is telling me I am trying to file a duplicate return. What do I do?

I filed my 2015 tax return and now I am trying to file my 2016 tax return and turbo tax is telling me I am trying to file a duplicate return. What do I do?

Alumni

You can not file a 2015 tax return with Turbotax Online version since October of 2016. If you did that, what you did was to file a 2016 tax return with 2015 information. That is a bad thing. To correct it, you will need to prepare and file by mail an amended 2016 tax return removing the 2015 information and adding the 2016 information.

Alumni