turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Deppressed
Returning Member

I filed my 2013 federal taxes timely but later amended it 2 times. I have not yet filed my Virginia state tax. What federal tax should I use to fie my 2013 state taxes? the original or the amended federal tax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anita01

I filed my 2013 federal taxes timely but later amended it 2 times. I have not yet filed my Virginia state tax. What federal tax should I use to fie my 2013 state taxes? the original or the amended federal tax?

You should use the amended federal.  You would have to purchase a CD/Download of the 2013 federal and state program to do that though, since the online version is only used for the current 2016 year.  You can purchase that here:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4233631

If you did your 2013 federal return on the Online version for 2013, you need to be able to put your 2013 data file from the online return onto your own computer to do the state return.  If you're unsure about being able to do that, you would be best to call Support to purchase the 2013 and have them help you get your files set up to do the amendment.

Here's the info to get started to contact Support and be given a telephone number to the group that can help you:

How do I contact you?

If you're using TurboTax Online:

1. Start by signing in to your account (if you aren't already). Why do I need to sign in?
  2. Click Contact in the upper-right corner of your screen.
  3. Ask your question, and then:
    • Post it to our community of experts; or
    • Talk one-on-one with a live TurboTax Expert, CPA, or enrolled agent (requires the PLUS add-on if using Federal Free Edition).

If you're using the TurboTax CD/Download software or can't sign into your account, click here to contact us. Ask your question, click Continue, and follow our onscreen instructions.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anita01

You should use the amended federal.  You would have to purchase a CD/Download of the 2013 federal and state program to do that though, since the online version is only used for the current 2016 year.  You can purchase that here:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4233631

If you did your 2013 federal return on the Online version for 2013, you need to be able to put your 2013 data file from the online return onto your own computer to do the state return.  If you're unsure about being able to do that, you would be best to call Support to purchase the 2013 and have them help you get your files set up to do the amendment.

Here's the info to get started to contact Support and be given a telephone number to the group that can help you:

How do I contact you?

If you're using TurboTax Online:

1. Start by signing in to your account (if you aren't already). Why do I need to sign in?
  2. Click Contact in the upper-right corner of your screen.
  3. Ask your question, and then:
    • Post it to our community of experts; or
    • Talk one-on-one with a live TurboTax Expert, CPA, or enrolled agent (requires the PLUS add-on if using Federal Free Edition).

If you're using the TurboTax CD/Download software or can't sign into your account, click here to contact us. Ask your question, click Continue, and follow our onscreen instructions.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies