Solved: I filed for short-term disability on 12/29/17 due to a sports injury. I am waiting for it to be approved, I haven't gotten paid yet. Should I wait to file until I get $$?

I filed for short-term disability on 12/29/17 due to a sports injury. I am waiting for it to be approved, I haven't gotten paid yet. Should I wait to file until I get $$?

I know it will be approved, but I will have received pay for 2017 in 2018. Do i need to wait to file?

Even if approved, you will not get money in 2017--2017 is over.  It will not go on a 2017 tax return.

No need to wait. Any payments received in 2018 will be reported on your 2018 tax return, not your 2017 return.