turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I filed amended for 2020 because I did not get child tax credit for my son he lives with me 100percent of the year and my Ex claimed him to get benefits what do I do?

How do I get my benefits
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I filed amended for 2020 because I did not get child tax credit for my son he lives with me 100percent of the year and my Ex claimed him to get benefits what do I do?

did you claim your son on your original return?

You are trying to get the child tax credit for a 2020 tax return?   When you filed the 2020 return---or when you amended it----did you claim your child?  Was the child younger than 17?   Did you have income earned from working?   Did you say that you and the other parent had an agreement --- a signed 8332?   We cannot see your return(s) so we do not know whether you could get the CTC for 2020.   If the other parent claimed the child on his 2020 return then you should have filed your 2020 return by mail and the IRS would sort out whether you or the other parent could get the CTC or claim the child.   Why did you amend?  What did you change when you amended?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies