I filed 2019 Tax return and already received my re...

cpeter1810

I filed 2019 Tax return and already received my refund direct deposit but now that bank account is closed. Can I update my new direct deposit information for the stimulus check?

If you have filed a 2019 tax return and need to change or add your direct deposit information, see this IRS website - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know
The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?
In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

heatherwelberry1

The government stimulus website now states that they are working with turbo tax to have low income non tax filing people get on to enter their direct deposit info but there is no mention of people who have ALREADY filed their 2019 returns and either received a check already and NOW have a checking account they want to add or those who got direct deposit but have closed or changed that account and want to add the new info so they don't have to wait for a check. How hard is it for turbo tax to simply add a spot for those of us who already filed with them and either didn't have a bank account when we filed or had a different one then to go in and add one or change their existing information ? There has to be a way to help us.