Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

venu18

I filed 2019 tax as joined. Is it possible to find what is the portion of tax paid for each person

If I can get the separate values, my wife's company will reimburse the portion of tax she paid.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I filed 2019 tax as joined. Is it possible to find what is the portion of tax paid for each person

When you file a joint tax return, all of the income  from both spouses is combined.  The credits and deductions are shared, the dependents are claimed by both people, etc.  It is not broken down by "his" and "hers".  It is not clear why your spouse's employer would reimburse her for her portion of income tax paid.  Certainly the employer can look at her earnings and see how much they paid her and how much tax was withheld from her pay.  

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
venu18

Her income is from United Nations and comes out side of USA. They have a policy of reimburse the tax paid on income earned. Turbotax took all the correct information and recommended filing jointly. If I can give a statement to the reimbursing authority that out of total income filed jointly x amount is tax for the part of her income. They don't deduct any income for the USA at all.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies