kvan25

I electronic filed yesterday. I forgot to print Electronic Filing Instructions for Your 2020 Federal Tax Return package with cover page. How do I find it/print it now?

I found where I can download/print my return, but want to see the cover page for the electronic filing.  I forgot to print it at time of filing, how do I get it now?
SHULTZY6

I have the same issue. Where can I find the Electronic Filing Instructions for my 2020 returns?

mesquitebean

@ SHULTZY6 

I'll assume you used Online TurboTax.   If you would like a larger PDF of the return with all the worksheets, summary pages, electronic postmark, electronic filing instructions, etc., here's how to get it in Online TurboTax.

If you have recently efiled, and if it hasn't yet been accepted, it's best to wait until it is accepted (usually less than 24-48 hours), then the PDF will also contain the Electronic Postmark.   

NOTE:  When you open your return back up, do not make any changes in it if it's already been filed.  If you later have to amend the return, it has to start off exactly as it was when it was originally filed.

• Log in and at the Tax Home or in the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents" for 2020, look for a link "Add a State."
  • Click on "Add a State."  (you don't really add one.  That's just to open your return back up.)
  • After the return is open, click in the left menu column on TAX TOOLS, then PRINT CENTER.
  • Then choose "Print, save, view this year's return."
  • The next screen should offer some options:  "Just my tax returns", or "include government worksheets (optional)", or "include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional.)"
  • The latter has the most pages.

NOTE:  Remember all PDF tax documents and tax data files are very sensitive files, since they contain your personal ID info, financial data, and possibly bank account numbers, etc.  Be sure to store them safely and securely to guard against computer theft, hacking, etc.