turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

asifd73

I e-filed my tax return on January 29, 2018, accepted by IRS the same day. I did file any EITC or ACTC, still no update and no expected date either? What should I do?

Status on IRS Refund site is still: "Your tax return is still being processed.

A refund date will be provided when available." 

Filed and accepted 01/29/2018 - no update as of 02/26/2018 (29 days almost)
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I e-filed my tax return on January 29, 2018, accepted by IRS the same day. I did file any EITC or ACTC, still no update and no expected date either? What should I do?

Since the IRS already Accepted your federal tax return, all you can do is wait. You are not alone. Several taxpayers had their tax returns Accepted and have not received their refunds yet. However, each taxpayer's tax returns are different and may be processed/reviewed/approved differently.

Please feel free to review the following IRS link if you haven't already, 2017 Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions.

If applicable:

I claimed the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) on my tax return. When can I expect my refund?

• According to the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act, the IRS cannot issue EITC and ACTC refunds before mid-February. The IRS expects the earliest EITC/ACTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or debit cards starting Feb. 27, 2018, if these taxpayers chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return.
  • Where’s My Refund? on IRS.gov and the IRS2Go mobile app remains the best way to check the status of a refund. Where’s My Refund? will be updated with projected deposit dates for most early EITC and ACTC refund filers on February 17. These taxpayers will not see a refund date on Where’s My Refund? or through their software packages until then. The IRS, tax preparers and tax software will not have additional information on refund dates, so these taxpayers should not contact or call them about refunds before the end of February.

Please review the following link(s) and the link(s) embedded on the webpage(s) for more information:

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies