turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I e-filed my return on jan 25 th and it got accepted by irs on jan 25 th and it has been 14 days since and it still shows the same status accepted.Should i be worried because it hasnt been approved ye

?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
LakeshaLO
Intuit Alumni

I e-filed my return on jan 25 th and it got accepted by irs on jan 25 th and it has been 14 days since and it still shows the same status accepted.Should i be worried because it hasnt been approved ye

Once you e-file your return and IRS accepts it, then your return is on IRS timetable. There is no way of knowing when IRS will finish processing your return, but you can track your refund on the IRS website. You will not see your refund expected date, on the IRS website, until after IRS approves the refund. For most taxpayers,(9 out of 10), the refund process takes approximately 21 days. 

Please note: Taxpayers who claim the Earned Income Tax Credit or the Additional Child Tax Credit (EITC/ACTC)may experience a delay. Due to the passage of the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act, the IRS is not allowed to release these refunds until mid February. Most EITC/ACTC recipients probably won't see their federal refunds appear in their bank accounts until February 27th (via direct deposit) or later. 

To track your refund:

1. First, check your e-file status to see if your refund was accepted by IRS. To check your e-file status, visit this link:https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/
  2. If it has been accepted, then you would wait for the approval from IRS. The refund approval process can take up to 21 days. You can track your refund at https://sa.www4.irs.gov/irfof/lang/en/irfofgetstatus.jsp

Please see these TurboTax FAQs

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies