bandit199580

I e-filed back in February of 2019 and I received my state refund but not my federal refund. When I signed up for e-file my bank was in the process of merging with another banking branch thus; changin

CassandraLO

Usually when banks merge, they grandfather the account information but I would contact your bank to make sure of this and if it is changing, will they accept your return and transfer to your new account. 

If they do not, what happens is the bank rejects the deposit and sends it back to the IRS. Once the IRS receives the rejected deposit, they will prepare a paper check and mail it to the address listed on your tax return. This process can take approximately 5-6 weeks. The IRS Where's My Refund? tool will update and let you know when a check has been mailed out.

CassandraLO