June 4, 2019 11:33 PM
To remove the $39.99 fee for deducting your fees from your refund:
Here's how to remove refund processing fees and change your payment method before you e-file:
- Sign in to your account and open your return by selecting Take me to my return.
- Select File in the left-hand menu and proceed to the Just one more step screen.
- On this screen, select the first Revisit link (next to You've chosen to deduct your TurboTax fees from your federal refund).
- Select View Payment Options on the next screen, and then select Pay with credit card on the screen after that.
- Complete payment by entering your credit or debit card information.
- Continue to the Just one more step screen to make sure the Refund Processing Service has been removed. Step 1 should now show that you paid with your credit or debit card.