turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dlg1616

Can I still file my 2017 taxes if I haven't got my refund from 2016 yet? I was supposed go and prove my identity but have not be able to do so.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Can I still file my 2017 taxes if I haven't got my refund from 2016 yet? I was supposed go and prove my identity but have not be able to do so.

This might not work, but since the IRS did not release your refund, the AGI may be ZERO
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Yes, you can still file your 2017 taxes, but they will most likely be put on hold as well until you can do the identity verification.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
dlg1616

I don't have the 5digit number I need from 2016, to put on my 2017 taxes to file

@TurboTaxMaryK1  please show documentation from the IRS or Turbotax that you can only make three e-File attempts.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies