ciararose628

I didn’t receive a document from my insurance company (1095-A) until after my federal return was filed and accepted...is it a problem that I accidentally didn’t use it?

Coleen3

Yes, all relevant information has to be entered onto the tax return. That is why it is better to wait until you have all the necessary documents.

You will need to wait until the IRS accepts you return and then amend it. The instructions for 2017 are not available yet so you will have to wait until it is.

Click or tap a tax year for specific amending instructions.

• 2017 - instructions will be available in late January or early February 2018

Coleen3

ciararose628

Thank you very much, this has been stressing me out!
Coleen3

You're welcome.