sc_everitt

I did not file my taxes last year but I completed them in turbo tax. How do I access 2017? I paid for Turbotax home and business but I still cannot access them.

mesquitebean

Did you prepare the 2017 return online?  If so,  have you located it in your online account, but when you try to download/print, does it asks you to pay?

"I paid for TurboTax Home and Business."
What tax year are you referring to?   Did you buy 2017 or 2018 Home and Business to install on your computer?

Purchasing desktop software does not automatically online returns since they do not communicate in that fashion.  We can tell you what to do when you answer all my questions above.
sc_everitt

I did 2017 online...just didn't file it.
sc_everitt

Yes, it asks me to pay.
sc_everitt

2017
mesquitebean

Normally the way to qualify to unlock a 2017 online return is to purchase a 2018 product.  Purchase of a 2018 online product (PLUS is the minimum) in the same account would unlock it automatically.  While a 2018 desktop software purchase also qualifies to unlock a 2017 online return, the unlocking would not be automatic.  Customer Support has to unlock the online returns in that case.

I realize you said you purchased 2017 desktop software.  You can discuss it with Customer Support.  I'm not sure what they will do.  Technically, they may say it has to be a 2018 software purchase to unlock past-year online returns, but it can't hurt to try.  Tell them you already had to spend a lot of money just to buy the 2017 product.

You can use the form at the link below to schedule a call back, or it may provide a number.  Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days/week.

Where the form asks what product you are using, be sure in the dropdown menu to indicate "CD/download" and the proper operating system, then indicate which Edition.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact