Solved: I did my taxes on 1/19/2017 but I haven't received my refund yet the IRS site says that they are still processing my taxes what does that mean

jarnett1920

I did my taxes on 1/19/2017 but I haven't received my refund yet the IRS site says that they are still processing my taxes what does that mean

AnthonyJ

The "processing" message you see is perfectly normal.  In fact, the messages and bars on the IRS.gov "Where's My Refund" webpage change all of the time; and sometimes the same message is displayed continuously.  If it still says "processing" that's actually a good thing.

If after filing (21 days after e-file, or 6 weeks after paper file), and there is no new information, at that time the IRS indicates that you can call them for additional information, using the phone number provided on their Where's My Refund website.

AnthonyJ