turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jsplummer

I did my deceased son's taxes. There is no estate-he was too young to aquire anything. I cannot deposit in my bank account per your site. I cannot cash a paper check in h

how do I access my deceased son's money? It's not a lot--there is no estate.
2 Replies

I did my deceased son's taxes. There is no estate-he was too young to aquire anything. I cannot deposit in my bank account per your site. I cannot cash a paper check in h

jsplummer

Thanks, Sweetiejean. Turbo tax had me do that, but nowhere does it say you shouldn't direct deposit...or anything else. It's not like I file for deceased children all the time. If I pay for the service, state what I am doing (I did) they should be more clear on the steps. As it is, they took their fee for turbodeluxe, electronic file fees and now I've been charged over $100.00. And have no idea where or how that money is coming. just saying. If you click the box that says fileing for deceased, there should be additional information/options. and there were only the standard.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies
v