jsplummer

I did my deceased son's taxes. There is no estate-he was too young to aquire anything. I cannot deposit in my bank account per your site. I cannot cash a paper check in h

how do I access my deceased son's money? It's not a lot--there is no estate.

jsplummer

Thanks, Sweetiejean. Turbo tax had me do that, but nowhere does it say you shouldn't direct deposit...or anything else. It's not like I file for deceased children all the time. If I pay for the service, state what I am doing (I did) they should be more clear on the steps. As it is, they took their fee for turbodeluxe, electronic file fees and now I've been charged over $100.00. And have no idea where or how that money is coming. just saying. If you click the box that says fileing for deceased, there should be additional information/options. and there were only the standard.

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing