Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I'd like to take advantaged of TT rates before they go up on 3/16 and file. However I owe Fed money and would like to delay the upload till tax deadline. Is that possible?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I'd like to take advantaged of TT rates before they go up on 3/16 and file. However I owe Fed money and would like to delay the upload till tax deadline. Is that possible?

You can go ahead and prepare your tax return and file it. The return can be filed before payment is made. Make the payment before the April deadline. TurboTax will prepare a voucher for you to print and mail with your payment if you choose to mail a check.

Or if you are using the online product, just create an account and go ahead and pay and then finish the return whenever you want to by the deadline. If you are using the CD/download product, go ahead and pay for it and download the product and install it on your computer. You can complete the return whenever you want to by the deadline.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You can go ahead and prepare your tax return and file it. The return can be filed before payment is made. Make the payment before the April deadline. TurboTax will prepare a voucher for you to print and mail with your payment if you choose to mail a check.

Or if you are using the online product, just create an account and go ahead and pay and then finish the return whenever you want to by the deadline. If you are using the CD/download product, go ahead and pay for it and download the product and install it on your computer. You can complete the return whenever you want to by the deadline.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies