dgriffiths

I completed my taxes printed and all but forgot to put my husbands HSA account in. how do I go back in and add this?

TomK

Please follow the instructions below to make changes or add to your still as unfiled return:

1. In TurboTax Online, sign into your account.
  2. Select Tax Home in the left menu.
  3. Scroll down to Your tax returns & documents.
  4. Select 2018, and then select Add a State (you're not actually adding a state, this just opens the return back up)
  5. Make changes and then refile.

Your HSA contribution will be listed on your W-2, and should be entered on your tax return.

Your Health Savings Account (HSA) contribution(s) will be listed in Box 12 on your W-2, and should be entered on your tax return when you input your W-2.

Please read this TurboTax FAQ for information on “Where do I enter my HSA contribution?”: Where do I enter my HSA contribution?