Solved: I chose to get my refund deposited on my state benefits card. It says it’s been deposited, but balance isn’t on card. What’s going on?

I chose to get my refund deposited on my state benefits card. It says it’s been deposited, but balance isn’t on card. What’s going on?

Employee TurboTax Specialist

It will take a few days even if the IRS states a refund has been sent to your card, please note that the IRS considers a deposit to your bank and a benefit card as basically the same thing for deposit purposes:

Please see this from an IRS FAQ:

What is happening when Where’s My Refund? shows my refund’s status as approved?

We’ve approved your refund. We are preparing to send your refund to your bank or directly to you in the mail. This status will tell you when we will send the refund to your bank (if you selected the direct deposit option). Please wait 5 days after we’ve sent the refund to check with your bank about your refund, since banks vary in how and when they credit funds. (It could take several weeks before you receive a mailed refund check.)

https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

Employee TurboTax Specialist

Please see this from an IRS FAQ: