Solved: I chose direct deposit for my refund method. It is now 4 weeks since acceptance an my refund is still not here. What is wrong? What can I do about it?

I chose direct deposit for my refund method. It is now 4 weeks since acceptance an my refund is still not here. What is wrong? What can I do about it?

The IRS started processing tax returns on January 29th, which is much later than previous filing seasons, and they have a large accumulation of tax returns to process which has caused a delay in some taxpayers receiving their refunds. 

After your return has been successfully transmitted, then it will be accepted, processed, and approved. After the approval stage, your refund will be issued. 

If you would like to find the status of your refund you can visit the IRS website at the link here
If it has been past 21 days, you can contact the IRS directly if you don't see a refund status.