Try doing the following:
1. Delete the W-2
2. When you add a new W-2, the screen will ask you for the employer’s EIN. DON’T PUT ANYTHING HERE.
3. Instead, just leave the EIN field blank and continue.
4. Enter your complete W-2 information on the next page. Make sure to indicate that this is a foreign address (under “Address Type”). It’s okay to enter the EIN here at the top of the page.
5. Be sure you enter everything from the W-2 – the input screen is long and needs scrolling.
Use "add a state" to get back in your return to make corrections (before filing).
1. Sign In to TurboTax Online
2. Click "My TurboTax" menu
3. Press "Visit My Tax Timeline"
4. Under the "SOME THINGS YOU CAN DO" heading, choose "Add a state" (you're not really adding a state, this allows you to get back into your return).
5. Complete/correct as needed.