kristin-l-devine

I can't tell if my state taxes were paid

PeterM

Funds are usually withdrawn on the payment date you specified, assuming your e-filed return has been accepted (received) by the IRS and your state. If you did not or do not remember selecting a date...It will normally default to April 18th (current year deadline). If that date happens to fall on a weekend or federal holiday, the funds are usually withdrawn the next business day.

Also, you can check your with your bank to see if the payment(s) have been withdrawn. The filing instructions sheet that would have been included with your tax return also have when the payment(s) will be withdrawn.

Lastly, you can verify the that the direct debit was set up by following the steps below:

• Sign into your Online account.
  • Go to My TurboTax on the top left.
  • Then select My Tax Timeline. 
  • Scroll down to Some Things You Can Do and select Download All forms and worksheets.
  • For a federal tax payment information is found on the Federal Information Worksheet Part V.
  • For a state tax payment the information is found on the State Information Worksheet Part V- Direct Deposit Information or Direct Debit Information.