turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

peterbbailey
Returning Member

I can't print my tax returns!

TurboTax literally locks up when I try to print my returns.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

Have you already paid the TT fees, or filed the returns?  You may be trying to print the worksheets as well, and those files can be very large. Try printing a few pages at a time.

peterbbailey
Returning Member

I finished submitting my returns. I’ve tried to print now four times. TT locks up every time.

Can you download the PDF at all ?   If you can try printing out only a few pages at a time using the PDF reader's print function. 

After a return has been efiled and  accepted, it can sometimes take a return PDF a while to update and become available at the Tax Home.   If you can't use the Download/print button at the Tax Home or the "Download/print the PDF" link in the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents", or if you're getting incomplete documents when you use one of those methods, here's an alternate way to print by opening the filed return back up to print at the Print Center.

NOTE:  When you open your return back up, do not make any changes in it if it's already been filed.  If you later have to amend the return, it has to start off exactly as it was when it was originally filed.

• Log in and at the Tax Home or in the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents" for 2019, look for a link "Add a State."
  • Click on "Add a State."  (you don't really add one.  That's just to open your return back up.)
  • After the return is open, click in the left menu column on TAX TOOLS, then PRINT CENTER.
  • Then choose "Print, save, view this year's return."
  • The next screen should offer some options:  "Just my tax returns", or "include government worksheets (optional)", or "include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional.)"
peterbbailey
Returning Member

No. There's no PDF ever created to download. And, this applies to the "Save for Your Records" tab, the Print choice under File pulldown, and the "Save to PDF" choice also under the File pulldown. I've tried all of these choices anywhere from five to ten times by now. I'm on a Mac. When I look at programs running, it says "not responding" for Turbo Tax when I try to do any of these steps.

I'm very disappointed with this software, which is obviously otherwise very competent. But, I now have only the TT program itself and the file therein as proof of my tax administration for last year. I guess that'll have to do.

@peterbbailey wrote:

No. There's no PDF ever created to download. And, this applies to the "Save for Your Records" tab, the Print choice under File pulldown, and the "Save to PDF" choice also under the File pulldown. I've tried all of these choices anywhere from five to ten times by now. I'm on a Mac. When I look at programs running, it says "not responding" for Turbo Tax when I try to do any of these steps.

I'm very disappointed with this software, which is obviously otherwise very competent. But, I now have only the TT program itself and the file therein as proof of my tax administration for last year. I guess that'll have to do.

Contact TurboTax support for assistance with this problem

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

Or -

Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

peterbbailey
Returning Member

Yes. I’ve filed my returns. I have no idea what you mean by “fees.”

@peterbbailey wrote:

Yes. I’ve filed my returns. I have no idea what you mean by “fees.”

"fees" only applies to the TurboTax online editions not the TurboTax desktop software.

Have you contacted TurboTax support for this problem?

peterbbailey
Returning Member

I bought the Premium version from Amazon, presumably the desktop version. My latest email to Intuit failed, for whatever reason.

I’m letting this go. I’ve got my returns saved as a TT file. That should do for upcoming years.

Thanks

peterbbailey
Returning Member

And, their mail inbox is full!!!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies