krystal-brown99-

I call Irs about my federal they under review since feb 8th but I haven’t revived a letter wmr says still processing with 152 topic anybody know what that means

LisaBr

Topic 152 basically means that the IRS is taking additional time to review your return.  The information provided may have been incomplete or they need to verify the information.  It doesn't necessarily mean the you will not get the refund you expected, however it is up to the IRS now.  The following information may be helpful in understanding the issue and how to follow.

Here's Tax Topic 152 from the IRS:

The IRS issues more than 9 out of 10 refunds in the normal time frame: less than 21 days. However, incomplete or inaccurate tax returns may require further review and could take longer than the normal processing time.

IRS representatives can research the status of your return only if:
  • It's been more than 21 days since you received your e-file acceptance notification,
  • It's been more than 6 weeks since you mailed your paper return, or
  • The Where's My Refund?

Processing times may take longer under the following circumstances:
  • Refunds from amended returns are generally issued within 16 weeks.
  • If you filed an injured spouse claim, refer to Topic 203 for more information.
  • For refund claims with an application for an individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN) attached, refer to Topic 857 for more information.
  • If you requested a refund of tax withheld on a Form 1042-S (PDF) by filing a Form 1040NR (PDF), allow up to 6 months from the original due date of the 1040NR return or the date you actually filed the 1040NR, whichever is later, to receive any refund due.

You can also refer to Topic 303 for a checklist of common errors made when preparing your tax return and for additional items that may delay the processing of your return.

Topic 152 – Refund Information. Taxpayers have three options for receiving their individual federal income tax refund:

• direct deposit (electronic funds transfer) into a checking or savings account, including an individual retirement arrangement (IRA);
  • purchase of U.S. Series I Savings Bonds; or.
  • paper check.

[From:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3585892-what-does-tax-topic-152-mean-my-status-went-from-received-...]