turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

linyoo624

I amended my nj state tax return through mail more than a month ago because I filed incorrectly and ended up owing $400. Will $400 still come out of my bank account 4/18?

I'm just not sure if NJ got my amended return and if they are communicating with turbotax so that TurboTax knows not to take out the $400.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
CapB

I amended my nj state tax return through mail more than a month ago because I filed incorrectly and ended up owing $400. Will $400 still come out of my bank account 4/18?

No, the federal and state agencies do not communicate with TurboTax about any changes in customer's tax returns. 

Once your return is accepted, you can't change any of the payments details, but, you can cancel the electronic withdrawal payment and use another payment method.

You can call IRS e-file Payment Services anytime at 1-888-353-4537, 7 to 10 days after your return was accepted to cancel your payment. 

You must cancel your payment 2 business days prior to the scheduled payment date.

Check out "Cancellations, Errors and Questions" from IRS link below "Pay Taxes by Electronic Funds Withdrawal"

https://www.irs.gov/uac/pay-taxes-by-electronic-funds-withdrawal#errors

To setup new payments directly through IRS and state websites:

Visit www.irs.gov/Payments and choose a payment option instead of paying through TurboTax. 

Guidelines vary per state. Check out your state's link below for more information on changing a direct debit payment date:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302452

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies