turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sarah16

I amended my Idaho State tax return, because our second income kept dropping out. The amended return refund amount was wrong and State says we owe them?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
RachelW33
Expert Alumni

I amended my Idaho State tax return, because our second income kept dropping out. The amended return refund amount was wrong and State says we owe them?

If you filed your 2017 Tax Return but never received your refund, you will need to contact the IRS at 1-800-829-1040, (when the government reopens).

You can also check your IRS Tax Account online to see if they show that you owe taxes by clicking this IRS link:  https://www.irs.gov/payments/view-your-tax-account.

If your 2017 refund was offset for a federal debt, back taxes, or child support, you should have received a letter from the IRS stating the offset amount and who it went to.  If not, you can contact the Bureau of the Fiscal Service (BFS) at 1-800-304-3107 to check with them about offsets on file for you.

If you are unable to get things resolved with the IRS directly, you can contact the Taxpayer Advocate by clicking here: https://www.irs.gov/Advocate/The-Taxpayer-Advocate-Service-Is-Your-Voice-at-the-IRS .  The Taxpayer Advocate is there to help you deal with the IRS when you are unable to get things straightened out on your own.

Finally, if it is your State Tax Refund that you are missing, you will need to contact your State Tax Office directly: State Tax Office Contact Information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

i did my 2019 taxes but i did not include my wife, now i need to include her for 2019, how dos i do that.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies