turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I am unable to print a prior year return. Error msg says can't connect to Intuit's Secure Print Service. I am using TurboTax Premier that I downloaded to my Mac.

No idea.  Taxprinter has nothing to do with TurboTax - I don't know if they can be trusted with a tax return or not.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

I am unable to print a prior year return. Error msg says can't connect to Intuit's Secure Print Service. I am using TurboTax Premier that I downloaded to my Mac.

Simply save a PDF of the return every year to your computer then you always have a copy of it at hand and you are not at the mercy of changing rules.

Note:  Every year, before mid-October, print a copy of your current year tax return and save it as a tax file and pdf, too.  That way you will have it when you need it for school, a loan, next year’s tax return, etc. without going through a lot of aggravation (and expense)  to get it.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899645-how-do-i-save-my-2018-turbotax-online-return-as-a-tax-data...

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1912544-how-do-i-save-my-2018-turbotax-online-return-as-a-pdf

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
MikeResar

I am trying to print my 2015 desktop returns and it is also giving the above error. How do I print them? I am under a deadline here.

@ MikeResar wrote:

I am trying to print my 2015 desktop returns and it is also giving the above error. How do I print them? I am under a deadline here.

I see you also started your own thread on this issue.   This thread is about 2014 TurboTax for Mac, which was the year an external Intuit server was used for printing.  Since you are having a 2015 printing issue, it's best that you continue in the new thread you started.   You have been left some information there, and you can continue the discussion there, if necessary at the link below:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/get-started-in-community/help/unable-to-print-2015-returns-on-mac-...

Thank you so very much.  I was struggling to print my 2014 returns and then read your answer...it worked!  I am so happy you posted and then told of your success!!

ktreed

Were folks able to print by connecting file to Windows machine (loading up the Windows 2014 TurboTax application)?  I can get a PC machine, but it seems the Windows option is just a theory above. Or do we know the print issue is solely an Mac issue?

Should be only a 2014 Mac issue.  But you can't install 2014 Windows version and update it and download any state programs.  So 2014 Windows probably won't work either.  Unless you have 2014 installed on Windows with all the updates.

I just tried and was SUCCESSFUL with exporting a PDF from Windows PC.

I'm normally a Mac user but keep a PC for client work. I still had my 2014 Turbo Tax disk so I installed it on the PC and was able to install updates and state forms. Then I moved the .tax2014 file over with a thumb drive and it opened right up. I was able to save out all my forms to file. I could have even made changes if I needed to before saving the forms out.

I also tried this using an older 09 mac that had maxed out on Snow Lepard, but that failed with the same print-server error as my new mac. 

Hopefully, this helps.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies