I am trying to locate my sons Tax 2017 return. I completed it on turbo tax. Why am I not seeing it under my account? He was a minor in my custody.

Did you use your account for your return too?  Online is only good for one return.  If you did another return it overwrote the first one and it is gone.

Or hopefully you used another account?    First LOG OUT of whatever TurboTax account you're logged into right now. Then use this TurboTax account recovery website to get a list of user ID's for an email address.  Run the tool against any email addresses you may have used     
https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery/