I am filing an amendment to add student loan interest but will that mean I don't get the money from my initial tax return? My initial return was a little over $1000 now it says "Federal refund (amending) $42 CO Refund (amending) $18. Will that mean I don'

I am filing an amendment to add student loan interest but will that mean I don't get the money from my initial tax return? My initial return was a little over $1000 now it says "Federal refund (amending) $42 CO Refund (amending) $18. Will that mean I don't get the initial $1000 I had when I first submitted my tax return?

The refund shown on your federal amended return is in addition to the refund shown on your original return, likewise for the state refund.